R2U Technologies is structured into 7 Work Packages, each focused on a different segment of the value chain of the construction sector, from the design phase to the operation and maintenance of the building during its lifecycle. The WPs aim to address the present and future needs of the sector, with the goal of creating a synergistic network among partners and relevant stakeholders, minimizing dependence on external markets.
WP1 "Principles of Modular Construction" aims to explore different technical engineering and design concepts associated with modular construction for the development of sustainable, efficient, intelligent, and high-performance modular construction systems based on a customizable and scalable matrix, according to the requirements and challenges of different functional programs. The knowledge generated in this WP will be crucial to guide the designs and developments to be carried out in the other WPs and to validate their respective results.
WP2 "Materials" aims to promote in-depth and multidisciplinary research for the development of new materials for modular construction, enabling the creation of high-performance solutions that respect the constraints and requirements of this industry. Based on these results, which are expected to be innovative and technologically mature, the respective industrialization processes will be carried out for their manufacture, and internationalization processes will be initiated to promote their introduction into the global market.
WP3 "Products" focuses on the exploration and development of finished products related to different specialized components or areas of the construction process, including window systems, variable geometry panels, modular facade systems, sanitary solutions, HVAC systems, walls and ceilings, prefabricated concrete structures, and energy production systems. Based on these results, their respective industrialization processes will be carried out for manufacture, and internationalization processes will be initiated to promote their introduction into the global market.
WP4 "Industrial Equipment" aims to operationalize the manufacturing and assembly process of final modular construction solutions through the creation of new specialized and integrated industrial units equipped with advanced technology and autonomous systems, in line with the Industry 4.0 paradigm.
WP5 "Digital Services, Collaborative, and IoT Systems" aims to create a collaborative digital work environment capable of gathering and sharing critical information among different actors and different stages of the production process, facilitating greater vertical alignment in the value chain and the development of construction solutions tailored to market needs. It also aims to create and verticalize IoT systems and their digital services to create modular buildings with customizable intelligent monitoring and control capabilities.
WP6 "Capacity Building" includes a diverse set of actions aimed at promoting the capacity building and training of human resources involved in the disciplinary themes related to modular construction, targeting the entire national construction industry, creating conditions for a change in the specialization profile of the industry. Additionally, a multidisciplinary curriculum plan for different qualification levels will be developed. It also aims to promote the creation of a new Competence Center dedicated to advanced training in critical areas.
WP7 "Coordination and Dissemination" aims to ensure communication, promotion, dissemination, and demonstration of results of the R2U Technologies project. It also includes global technical, administrative, and financial management. In this way, the R2U Technologies Pact will deliver 18 technologically innovative and high-value-added PPS with a strong commercialization and internationalization profile, including:
- PPS1 - High-performance bathroom solutions for modular construction
- PPS2 - Innovative wall coverings for application in modular construction
- PPS3 - High-performance prefabricated structural systems for modular construction
- PPS4 - High-performance eco-friendly concretes and cements
- PPS5 - High-performance glass surfaces
- PPS6 - Modular facade systems
- PPS7 - Minimalist window systems
- PPS8 - Variable geometry panels
- PPS9 - Welded facades
- PPS10 - Solutions for walls and ceilings
- PPS11 - High-performance HVAC units for modular construction
- PPS12 - Flexible BIPV modules for application in modular construction
- PPS13 - Technologically advanced and customizable modular construction units
- PPS14 - Hybrid 2D modular elements
- PPS15 - Digital systems, applications, and services for all phases of modular construction
- PPS16 - IoT systems and support solutions for innovative building and people monitoring for modular construction
- PPS17 - Digital Twin
- PPS18 - Multidisciplinary curriculum plan for specialization in Modular Construction and related areas